For more than a third (36 per cent) of the masturbating females…

For more than a third (36 per cent) of the masturbating females …, nothing more than physical stimulation seemed to have been involved. For the remaining two-thirds (64 per cent), psychologic stimulation through fantasy concerning specifically sexual situations had sometimes accompanied the physical stimulation.